On the fourth of July Gary and I did end up going out at dark and doing a couple little fireworks. Gary lit a "ground bloom flower", which is supposed to spin around on the ground and turn different colors as it spins. The first one went fine. He was going to light the second one closer to me and I asked him to move it further away cause the first one was close enough. I'm glad I did because when he lit it and backed up, the thing blew up! It was louder than a shotgun, my ears immediately started ringing. There was just a strange feeling in the air. We were both stunned and just stared at each other in disbelief for a minute. The thing was literally gone from our driveway. Gary said it shot all the way across the gravel road and into the neighbors field. We're talking over 100 feet away. It was essentially a bomb, and if it would have shot toward either one of us I am sure it would have killed us if not seriously maimed us. Wow. Talk about freaking us out. I didn't feel like lighting many fireworks after that. It was kindof a buzzkill.
Yesterday we went down to Iowa and had an 80th surprise birthday party for my grandma. Although it was very hot, it was a good time. I am really really glad we now have a vehicle with air conditioning. That trip to and from Iowa would have been unbearable otherwise. Anyway, an afternoon of sweating on a 95 degree day can wear a person out so we got home we had to take a little nap before eating some dinner and headed up to Rochester for a 40th birthday party for our friend Scott. The party went well and we had an excellent time. We were definitely entertained as Scott was having a very good time. Unfortunately, I'm thinking he is probably not feeling very well today :(
On to the mishap part of yesterday.....well technically today since we got home at 2:00 am. When I walked in the door, I saw a glow coming from the kitchen and I didn't remember leaving any lights on. When I got closer I saw the refrigerator door open and I had a moment of panic thinking, "Oh no, someone is in the house." Upon further investigation I realized that no, we (ok, I) had left the refrigerator door open before leaving the house. And I don't just mean open a crack, we're talking wide open. We had been gone from the house for about 7 hours and sure enough every single item in the refrigerator was warm. Not just mildly cooled down, we're talking WARM. I was immediately upset and called out to Gary and his answer was, "We'll deal with it in the morning." (as he fell into bed). Ugh! I was really frustrated with myself. What a waste of food and money. What a huge bummer! So we spent this morning throwing away perfectly good, although spoiled food. :(
So, I'm hoping this week is going to start off better than the last one. I think a good place to start is to head off to bed and get a good nights sleep, (something which hasn't been happening for me all week.)
Sunday, July 08, 2007
A Week Of Mishaps
Gary's back and neck have been bothering him for a few weeks and finally last Saturday I made him a chiropractor appointment. He went in for what usually consists of 15 minutes in the office and was in there for over an hour. Apparently there was good reason for his pain. The Doc said his head was "disconnected from his spine". Ouch! That sounds very painful. He had his neck adjusted several times and had issues all the way down his back. Then they wanted him to come back Monday evening at 9:00 pm after their normal client schedule was done for the day. Wow, nice to have special treatment, but also a little scary. I was a little nervous his head was going to go rolling off his shoulders if he did anything too strenuous. I mean, what exactly does that mean when they say your head is not connected to your spine? That sounds very very bad. After a pretty bad headache all day Sunday, he went in again Monday night and is now feeling better. He felt sore for a few days but overall, better than before. He goes in again next week to check things out and make sure everything is going ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Speaking of "Mishaps" where is the pictures of the traveling gnome? How is his story ever going to be heard if it doesnt hit the blog?
Patience Michael! The pictures are still filtering in! Can't tell a story without pictures :)
Post a Comment