Sunday, September 28, 2008

Moments...

Brynn has mastered the "Da" sound (which Gary swears is her saying "Daddy"), and every once in a great while she graces us with a "ma" sound. The other day she even said "mama", and Gary yelled, "Did you HEAR that??" Bless his heart-he knows how badly I've been longing to hear "ma" instead of "da" for once.

A while back when she really started making coherent sounds, we started calling Tator the "kitty" or the "cat". Brynn immediately started saying "Ki" and Ka" whenever she sees Tator so maybe she does know what she's saying..... She is a smart cookie! Too bad Tator keeps her distance since she has found she DOESN"T like having her hair pulled out.

The other day she said, "Mooooo." which was pretty funny. I'm sure that's cause we've been mooing like the cow in the book Peek a Who? that we have been reading lately.....

Now she has been stuck on the "G" sound for the last few weeks. She says "Ga, Ge, and Go" (her favorite by far). It's pretty cute, she sits there playing and says "Go, Go, Go." It's like her playing mantra or something. We can be in the other room and we here the "Go, go, go" and we know she's excited about something in her little play world. :)

The other morning Brynn got up at 4:30 am to nurse and she was pretty tired but was acting like she wanted to play so I rocked her for a while to get her back to sleep (hoping I could get another 20 minutes of rest as well). She was almost asleep and out of nowhere in a soft, sweet baby breath she whispered, "go, go, gooo" as she drifted off to sleep. Yup, made my mommy heart smile. Still does every time I think of it.

**I just hope this doesn't mean she's going to be a sleep talker like her dad....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makes my grandma heart smile and smile and smile , again. (: