Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Sandwich Thief

So yesterday Gary made this nice big yummy sandwich for lunch. For those of you who don't know, he's a bit of a sandwich lover. I, on the other hand could take 'em or leave 'em. (Preferable leave 'em) Anyway, he put it on a hoagie bun with salami and mustard and lettuce and cheese. Since he is one to eat out for lunch quite a bit I was impressed that he made himself a lunch!

Anyway, he dropped me off and we were each at work by 7:00am. At 7:10 I get an e-mail from him that says, "I think someone may have eaten my sandwich" I was shocked! What? You've only been there 10 minutes. Who would steal your sandwich already in the first 10 minutes? Are there even many other people there yet at that time of day? What kind of people do you work with?

So, I was telling my co-workers all about it and we had this big discussion about how horrible it is that someone would steal a lunch. We were getting pretty worked up. How would this person know how old the food is? Did they watch him put it in the fridge? How would they know if the ingredients were fresh?

People were telling stories about how someone once stole the casserole right out of their Tupperware container and put the empty container back in the fridge. Now that takes guts! People have had to put their initials on the bottom of pop cans so when someone else was drinking their can they could see that it was theirs. There were stories of stolen cookies and baking with ex-lax...it wasn't pretty.

Anyway, this was bothering me all morning. It just made me mad that someone would do this! It's just not right. So, after several e-mails back to Gary asking if he'd figured out who took the sandwich, I finally get a response back hours later saying, "He he he....."someone" may have eaten my sandwich." WHAT???? Yes, ladies and gentlemen, he ate it himself. Made a nice little breakfast out of it. He really had me going! Then I felt really stupid when I told the girls who the real "sandwich thief" was.

They thought it was funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY.. nice one Gary. He can't be trusted can he ????

Unknown said...

What is it with men and sandwiches for breakfast? I have to make Joel two sammys (when I do, that is) because he invariably eats one before 10AM.