I know I haven't posted in a while. I haven't had much to say. Today I have a couple little things to say but I couldn't pick just one thing so I'll just ramble I guess.
Gary has one week left at his current job before he starts his new adventure. He keeps asking the boss if he's put an ad in the paper yet for a new person and he hasn't. Nothing like procrastination. Gary would have been more than happy to train the new person on his job since no one else knows how to do it. Even the boss can't do Gary's job. Oh yeah, there is that part-time drafter guy who just started a couple months ago. Maybe he can train the new guy. Whatever works!
Yesterday was my Friday off work and Gary took the day off as well so that was nice. We went to lunch and a movie. We saw The Departed. (Matt Damon, Leo DiCaprio, Jack Nicholson, Mark Whalberg, Martin Sheen,.....pretty good cast). The movie was pretty good. Then we did some shopping and cleaned the house. Quite the day. Much better than being at work!
One more week of the stupid political ads. I'm sorry to any of you who are big into politics but I'm just not. I can't stand any more! I'd rather see/hear Christmas ads than these political ads. I suppose those will be next......Let me share one example that did get a pretty big laugh out of me though. I don't know who the politician was or even what he was supposed to be standing for. But his slogan was, "I will turn into a larger than life stick figure and whack my opponents." That's right folks. It's an exact quote from the politician himself. I remember it well because I think of it every time I need a good laugh. I sure hope he was pulling for education or something and his kindergartner helped him come up with that slogan. Then maybe it would be cute or something. Either way I think he's watched too many episodes of the Sopranos and I feel sorry for him that he thought it would be a good idea to say that slogan in public.
Anyway, now that I've probably offended everyone cause they know right who he is and what he stands for and are going to vote for him......enough about politics already!
I really wish I could get some more pictures on the blog but my computer is not working. My scanner and scanning program are hooked up on my computer. We either need to get my computer fixed, or get the program loaded onto Gary's computer and move the scanner downstairs to his computer. Hmmm.....which should it be? So far neither! So, I'll just have to wait since all of this is Greek to me. This is Gary's area of expertise so it's up to him to get me up and running with pictures again!
Well that's about all I have to say for now. Thanks for reading my ramblings!
Saturday, October 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Well my suggestion would be for you to take Gray’s computer and say it is yours now and tell him to go get a new one for himself…..(*smirk….just a thought….hehe) O’and wouldn’t it be nice to have faster internet connection?
Well, either way I hope you have a good Halloween!
Michael
Yeah, believe it or not, Gary has already suggested that a few times! ;)
Dawn
Yeah , hey you DO need some new pictures here .. and while we are speaking about new pictures .. the two of you should get a " couples " picture taken .. hint , hint . It's always interesting to hear others ramblings.. You just ramble on girl .
Post a Comment