I know all of my posts tend to by about the baby and pregnancy lately, but that is the biggest thing going on in our lives right now! Yesterday I had my 38 week appointment. The Dr. wasn't really impressed with the treatment I received Saturday in Labor and Delivery. He just shook his head in disappointment. He lowered my blood pressure meds back to normal. My bp was 113/72 yesterday. That's excellent. There are absolutely no signs of preeclampsia, which has been the biggest worry from the start of this pregnancy.
Baby was weighing in at approximately 7 lbs. 2 oz. This puts her at 51%. He again said any time baby comes is fine with him. Gary wanted to know if there was anything I could do to speed up this process. He asked the Dr. if I should go jogging. My husband obviously is not grasping what it's like to be 38 weeks pregnant. When it is a struggle just to roll over in bed and just walking is sometimes uncomfortable, suggesting jogging is just not right. Maybe if he could stick a 10 lb. bowling ball under the skin of his abdomen, we could go jogging together :)
As far as I'm concerned, baby is snug and comfy right where she is and when she is ready to meet the world, she'll come out. She still has two weeks til her due date and I've heard so many people tell me in the last couple months how far over their due date they went, I can't count them any more. I'm hoping she'll be right on schedule. Once I'm past 40 weeks, then I'll start thinking about jogging. NOT!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment