Brynn is just exploding with words lately so I thought I better update people so they know we're still here chugging along!
I posted back in April about all the words Brynn was saying at the time. I've got a big update with lots more! I know there's much more than what I can remember but this will have to do :)
Single words she has picked up: Beep, boom (when beating drum), Bella, down, yup, wash, bath, "noneee" (mean blanket-no idea why), poopy, pee-pee, night (she says this when she wants us to lay down), push, stop, don't, strawberry, taco, pizza, cheese, and weeeee! (when swinging, going down the slide or going over hills in the car)
Some things she says in response to us are: (I'll put our words in blue and Brynn's in pink)
"Ready?" ....... "GO!"
"One?" ......... "TWO!"
"We all fall" ...... "DOWN!"
She is an expert at telling you what each and every animal in existence can say too:
What's a cow say? ....... Moooooo
Kitty? ..... Meow
Horse? ..... Neigh
Chicken? ..... Bach bach (sp?)
Snake? ...... sssssss
Donkey? ...... ha ha (we try to teach her hee haw, but it comes out ha ha)
Sheep? ..... baaahhhhh (this is said really deep like an evil growling sheep)
Tiger, alligator, and lion all say...... "grrrrr"
Owl? ......hooo hoooo (slowly)
Monkey ......ho ho ho ho (really fast at rising octives)
Train? ......choo choo (ok, I know that's not an animal, but...)
Puppy? ......woof woof
Birdie? ......cheap cheap
Duck? .......quack quack
Three singing pigs? ..........la, la, la (she has a book with three singing pigs in it that say that)
Regular pigs? .....la, la, la (ok, we can't get her to say oink)
"It's quiet now, what do YOU say?" ........."shhhhhh"
(as she puts her finger in her nose...we try to teach her to just put it to her LIPS, but it always just goes in the nose-makes me laugh every time)
Some phrases she uses regularly:
"I see?" (this means pick me up so I can see what you're doing-usually when we're cooking on the stove top or something.)
"You do it." (self explanatory)
"Get up!"
"All done" (this is her new favorite one-this applies to almost anything she is doing. When she is done, she's done and she let's you know it!)
"Bye-bye"
"Love you." (This is my favorite)
"See you." (When saying goodbye)
"Hi daddy, hi mommy!" (Every day when we pick her up from daycare, she screams this while running to great us at the door! It never gets old-it's the best part of the day)
She likes to pull us around the house by our finger and then when we've reached the right spot, she points to the ground and says, "Sit!" or pats the ground and says, "night" (which means we are to lay down instead of sit down)
And something else new she is doing that makes me think she is growing up way too fast-I have gone from "mama" to "mommy" and now I am occasionally "mom". What??? I shouldn't be mom for several years yet! That's such a big girl term!
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
great on the animal sounds...
Now you gotta teach her what daddy says...
What's Daddy say? (beer please)
-Geoff-
OHHHH, Grma is SO proud of all her accomplishments She is truly a " go getter " Grma Carol
Post a Comment