Monday, January 11, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes.

Brynn is a little chatter box and not a day goes by that Gary and I don't share a private smile over the top of our little girls head at something funny, adorable or amazing that comes out of her mouth. I've been writing down some examples cause I think they're fun to share!

Keep in mind that she is not even two yet! Where does she come up with some of this stuff?

While driving to daycare one morning Gary made a turn and we fish-tailed on the ice, and Brynn yelled, "Whoa horsey!" from the backseat.

Over Christmas, she got to taste her first eggnog, which she insisted on calling "juice-egg", no matter how many times I corrected her.

At dinner one night, Gary asked her if she wanted the last scoop of whatever we were eating and she said, "Yup!". When he gave it to her, looking for a "thank-you", he asked her, "What do you say?" so she said, "All gone!"

At our local grocery store, they always offer her a sucker and she's excited she gets to pick out her own. With several people watching, she picked one out and I reminded her, "Brynn, what do you say? and everyone looked at her expectantly. She held up the sucker to the cashier and said, "Open!" Everyone laughed, while my cheeks turned a wee bit pink.

One day she was carrying around a cup of juice and I asked her, "What have you got?" She responded, "Juice!" I asked, "What kind of juice?" She said, "Brynn's juice!"

While eating meatloaf one night, she reached for the ketchup and said, "Syrup, please!"

I asked Gary one day, "Are you crabby?" and he said, "Yeah" and Brynn said in a sad voice, "I'm crabby too, daddy."

I was sitting at the table one day eating breakfast and listening to music with Brynn on my lap. I started to bounce my leg up and down and Brynn said, "Mommy's dancing!" A couple minutes later, I stopped bouncing and Brynn pointed to my leg and in a very commanding voice said, "Mommy, DANCE!"

They other morning the three of us were sitting on the floor making a team effort of putting on Brynn's socks and shoes. Gary tooted and I said, "Phew, Daddy tooted!" Brynn wrinkled up her nose, pointed to the bathroom and said, "Daddy, go potty!"

She is very good at saying her whole name, "Brynn Madhelen Schad."

She calls me any one of these names: Mom, Mommy, Mama, Honey, Dawn (She figured this out on her own-we didn't tell her, "Hey, my name is Dawn"

She calls Gary: Dad, Daddy ("Deeeeaaaady"-which he does not like), Dude, and Gooey (Gary).

She also calls my parents "Grandma Carol" and "Grandpa Gus". She refers to pretty much anyone by their name....just picks it up and starts using it.

When she goes to bed at night she says things like, "Love you bunches!", "See you in the mornin".

She loves to rock her baby and sing to her and say, "It's ok, baby girl." (This one is just precious to hear)

She is totally a morning person which I love! It's nice to have another morning person in the house after 15 years with Gary the morning grump :)

Yesterday morning when Gary got up, he was greated with a "Happy boothday, Deeeaaaady!"

Then she asked me, "Brynn's boothday soon?"

Yes it is. In some ways I can't wait cause I think it will be a lot of fun, and in others I just can't fathom that my baby is going to be 2!!! What happened to these first two years?

No comments: