Brynn loves to play hide and seek and the other day we had a rousing game of it that went something like this:
Brynn and I went in her bedroom and she looked all around before deciding on her closet for the best hiding place. She left the closet door open and just stood in there. I gave her one of her blankets and she put it over her head.
Gary called from the living room, "Here I come!" and I heard a giggle from under the blanket. He came down the hall making big godzilla like steps so we could hear every one. I sat in the rocker to watch the scene unfold. When Gary was half-way down the hall, Brynn giggled again. Well, it was more like a high-pitched squeal of excitement.
Gary came into the room and started looking all around. Brynn pulled the blanket off her head and was now standing in plain sight in the closet with a perma grin. He looked under her crib, she giggled. Behind the bedroom door, giggles again. Gary and I are trying hard not to laugh at this point. He looks behind the rocker, sees her in the closet and pretends he can't see her in the closet.
Gary says to me, "Mommy, where's Brynn?"
I say, "I don't know, you'll have to find her."
Giggles from the closet.
So Gary says, "Bryyyynnnnnn?"
And Brynn says, "Whhhhaaaaaat?"
At which point the gig was up as Gary and I couldn't stop laughing. We're going to have to work on the whole "not being found" part of the game. Good times, good times.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment