Friday, September 29, 2006

And A Good Laugh Was Had By All

In my first blog I mentioned that Gary and I have separate bathrooms. I said that it was a subject for a later date. That date has come. It’s time to share Gary’s obsession with reading on the pot.

Let’s just say that if we shared the same bathroom, I don’t think I’d ever be able to use it. He is in it all the time! It is a constant frustration to me the amount of time he spends on the throne. Apparently he holds it all day and when he gets home it is one big long poop fest. Every day when we get home the first thing he has to do is go to the bathroom. This would be perfectly fine if it were for 5 or 10 minutes. It's not. It’s rarely less than a half hour to 45 minutes. No kidding. He takes his book in there and reads several chapters. Often times, he’ll come out and can’t walk because his legs have fallen asleep.

After work if we stop and do errands, we get home with a car full of groceries and he has to race off to the bathroom. This leaves me to put everything away. Or we get home and it’s time to make dinner. Off to the bathroom he goes. Dinner is usually ready and waiting before he comes out. I just don’t get it. I always say, "Why can’t you just go in, do what you need to do, and then get out? Why do you have to sit there and read?" He says he goes the entire time he’s in there. Is that possible? Does he have the largest colon in the world? Should we call the Guinness Book of World Records?

Anyway, he got home today and sure enough not more than 10 minutes later he said he had to run to the bathroom. I said, "You always have to go to the bathroom. Who sh*t’s that much anyway?" Without a pause he proudly says, "Superman!"

I can’t remember the last time I laughed so hard! Thanks Gary : )

**This message has been read and approved by Gary**

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hilarious, Dawn! And I'm so glad Gary approved the message -- my own Mr. Poopsmith would never be so forthcoming.

Dawn said...

Yeah, he was fine with it. I thought I'd throw that disclaimer in there so people didn't think I was picking on him without his knowledge. :)