Monday, September 11, 2006

Case of the Monday's....

So, it's a dark, dreary, rainy Monday morning. Yuck. But it could be worse. I could be Gary. He has a dentist appointment in three minutes. Double yuck! We were discussing the dentist on the way to work this morning. Although I don't find going to the dentist a fun event by any means, my poor husband absolutely HATES it! He was explaining to me how the sound of the cleaning tool just "pounds" on his last nerve. This statement was accompanied by an actual fist pounding motion. And the word "pounds" was said with a scary forcefulness. Point taken. You hate the dentist. It only makes matters worse that they make him come back every 6 months instead of every year. I think they like to torture him. I on the other hand have 6 more months to go. Yeah! Sorry honey!

There is some good to think about on this rainy Monday! Only one more week until I get to start working ten hour days. That means I will get a day off every week! That's awesome! I've done that before and I really liked it. It really breaks up the work week to not be there Monday through Friday 8-5. I will have rotating days off: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. The other good news is Gary's boss is so flexible that as long as he gets in 40-45 hours a week, he can work whatever shift he wants. So, he will be working some different hours as well. He can either take a whole day off with me, work a half day, or work a whole day. It will depend on what he wants to do each week. That will be really nice. Something to look forward to!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I really do hate the dentist. Did I mention I HATE the dentist. All went well, and I won't have to listen to that stupid, spiteful air drill for another 6 months.

Stupid dentist.....


Gary

CarolSue said...

Yahoo! I am so glad you decided to join the Blogosphere! Can't wait to read more, keep it coming...