Thursday, November 08, 2007

Busy Week

Let's see, week in review:

Halloween:
We had an OB appointment with a new ultrasound and everything looked really good!




After work we went to my parent’s house for a chili dinner. That was yummy as always. Isabella was dressed up in an adorable little ladybug costume. After dinner my brother’s family went into Chatfield for a little trick-or-treating and my parents went with to watch. I guess it was pretty fun. We ended up going home instead cause we were just pooped, but next year I'm sure we'll be out there running around town with all the little ghosts and goblins.

Thursday:
Pretty uneventful I think. Oh yeah, we hit the 28 week mark of pregnancy. I guess that's eventful :)

Friday:
We had dinner at Gary's parents. His sister Tammy and niece Kayla were home for my baby shower the next day.


Saturday:
I had my baby shower at Schad's place. Thanks Val for offering to host it! It was really fun. The decorating was so nice and the food was really yummy! Thanks to my sisters in law for everything they did to make the shower so wonderful. I really had a great time! Thanks mom for the food you brought and the beautiful baby cake! If anyone’s got pictures of the shower, send them to me and I will post them. (I really need to get a digital camera.) We got some wonderful baby stuff and the nursery is pretty stocked now! It looks so cool! We go in there every once in a while and just look around. Now all we need is the baby!! I was really excited to see my friend Carol down from St. Paul because I haven't seen her in so long! Thanks for coming down all by yourself Carol (I understand it may have been a nice little get-away time for you as well :) After the shower we went out to dinner with Gary's family then home to unpack all the gifts! I was pretty tired and slept really well that night!


Sunday:
We had brunch with Gary's family at Riverview Green’s and then Tammy and Kayla headed home. (Lots of gathering to eat in the last week, huh?)


We did a small amount of Christmas shopping then went home and got some stuff done around the house-our garage is now a garage again and not storage for basement furniture. It’s really nice to be able to park in there again and not have scrape windows in the morning.

Oh, and we snuck a little nap in there too. It's been a long time since I've done that!

Monday:
I had my three hour glucose tolerance test and I passed! Yeah! I'm really excited about that. I can quit worrying about it now :)


Tuesday:
We had our first prenatal class. It was informative but it was just so dang long. I just wanted to go home and go to bed. Who has a class until 9:00 pm when dealing with tired pregnant ladies? Come on! I’m usually in bed by 9:00 if not sooner! And we’ve got five more weeks to go! I hope we learn lots of stuff and it’s worth the time and effort.

Anyway, that was our week in review. I’m thinking the next week will be a little more quiet. I hope……only 11 weeks til the due date and I’m thinking we’ll be pretty busy then so if we’re going to get any relaxing done, it needs to be now!

2 comments:

CarolSue said...

Holy Change in Layout, Batman!! I like it.

And it was wonderful to see you guys, too. Short and sweet - but lots of fun, nonetheless.

And if I didn't already tell you, Dawn, you look AWESOME.

Dawn said...

Hey, a comment! No one ever comments anymore!

Thanks for ALL the compliments Carol :)