Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Little Bit About Brynn

Brynn has her daddy's ears and her daddy's smile. And she smiles A LOT! :) When she went to the Doctor for a weight check at six days old the Dr. looked at her smiling and said, "You're not supposed to do that for a long time yet. How are you doing that?" She's been smiling since the day she was born. I think that's pretty cool.

She holds her head up pretty good and appears to focus on faces. She also looks around the room at different objects that are moving.

When she has her little hands in fists, she always has her thumb tucked in between her index and middle finger. This makes me think of my grandpa Fred and how he used to play the "I've got your nose" game with me when I was little.

She likes to be swaddled, however, she does like to keep her arms out and about. She is constantly moving them and often has them stretched out as far as they can go. Some of the pictures below show that a little. Maybe she wants to be a ballerina. That's what it looks like :)

Last night she was laying on the changing table and she grabbed the bar at the edge with her little hand and pulled herself toward the edge of the table. That's scary. She's not supposed to do that for a long time either. How old is this kid anyway?

Let's see, what did she get from me? I think she has my hands and possibly my feet. (At least my toes anyway) She also sneezes like me. Never just one.....gotta have at least three in there. My grandma Helen used to do that too. I just remembered that. I got that from her.....

Speaking of sneezes, we know all about those because little Brynn has been pretty sick. Even though all the Doctors and nurses kept saying, "She shouldn't get sick. She's got all your antibodies." Well, that didn't work. She's been sick for the last 11 days. Stuffy nose, coughing, sneezing, raspy breathing. It's horrible.

I thought the first week was rough trying to get down a schedule. (And boy was it rough.) I didn't realize things could get any worse. Give first time parents a sick newborn and that adds a little stress to the mix. Add in nasal bulbs, nasal drops, humidifiers, choking while eating cause she can't breath.....

Other than that, we are doing pretty good. Gary went back to work half days last week and this week. Next week I think he'll be back full time. Brynn and I are trying to keep a feeding/sleeping schedule on track while I listen to raspy breathing at night and work around a baby waking up with coughing and sneezing. I'm just hoping this goes away soon. It's no fun for us or for her :(

2 comments:

CarolSue said...

Hang in there. Those first few weeks are tricky... but you're just getting to know her, and getting everything figured out. Don't worry about a schedule too much yet - just focus on staying healthy and soaking up these first weeks with her. Take care of yourself, too. The rest will fall into place. She's amazing!! Thanks for the update...

Don't ever hesitate to call or email if you need to talk!

Anonymous said...

I agree with CarolSue.. the first few weeks are tricky .. it will take alot of trial and error to get it all figured out .. but it does all fall into place before you know it.. you are doing a great job with the little " punkin'".. you are going to be an awsome MOM , just like I always knew you would be !!!