Monday, March 10, 2008

A Weekend Out And About

I'm finally posting something new so you don't have to look at my baby mug every time you come to the blog :) I know, it's been a while.

On Friday I had my six week check up and I took Brynn up to visit my co-workers. While I was there, I weighed her and she is up to 9 lbs. 3 oz. She's getting so big! But yet, she still seems so small. It was my first outing with Brynn and without Gary. I did bring my mom though, so we weren't all alone :) All went smooth, except for trying to break down the stroller when we got back to the car. Yeah, after a few minutes of struggling in the way cold air, it went in the back of the Explorer in full form. I just picked it up and threw it in. Yup, hurt my back. And my arm. Just had a tetanus shot. Felt great.

On Saturday we went to Gary's parent's for dinner and some cards. Grandma and Grandpa Schad got some quality time with Brynn. Gary learned that you can't slide the baby across the carpet on a plastic diaper changing mat and then touch her face without shocking her. We all heard the snap right before she started screaming. Gary said he saw the arc of electricity shoot from his hand to her little nose. Ooops. Won't do that again. I hope.....

On Sunday Gary and I went on our first outing together without Brynn. Grandma and Grandpa Glaser got to spend some quality time with her. It was fun but weird. We both missed her a lot. We weren't even a mile from my parents house and Gary asked, "Are you ready to go back yet?"

We went to Target and looked at baby stuff which almost made me cry. But I held out. No tears here. Then we went to the movie Fool's Gold. It was ok. Mindless entertainment, but cute. After dinner, we stopped into a local tattoo shop and checked out the artwork. Made an appointment for this week. Just kidding.

I was glad to get home and see Brynn and it felt really good to scoop her up in a big hug and lots of kisses.

On a sad note, it was very upsetting to find out today that my friend Meghan and her husband had their baby girl born on Friday evening with a serious heart defect. She underwent emergency open-heart surgery at midnight Friday and is in the intensive care unit at St. Mary's Hospital. Meghan and I had lots of talks about pregnancies and babies as we were pregnant at the same time. It makes me feel so lucky that Brynn is healthy and happy. I have worked in Pediatric Cardiology for 10 years and am very comforted by the fact that her baby will receive excellent care at Mayo. However, if everyone could please include this family in your thoughts and prayers I would really appreciate it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she was here on Friday and you didn't let me know??
*grumble*

when are ya bringing her to lunch??
*grin*

Dawn said...

Let's see, I get to guess who anonymous is. Is it Geoffery?? We have an appointment next Tuesday...Gary says maybe we should come to lunch that day.

Anonymous said...

I'll have Michele clear her calendar! =)