Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm Finally The Age I Thought I Was

I do this weird thing every year on my Birthday. I start thinking ahead of the next number I will be. For instance, say I just turned 32. I have been thinking I was 32 for the whole last year, when in reality I was only 31. The morning of my Birthday I started thinking ahead to 33. That's crazy! I wish I could enjoy the year I really am. Why do I age myself? I know I'm a planner and I'm always thinking ahead to the future, but come on, Birthday's come fast enough. I'm thinking of hanging a big sign above my computer that says, "You're only 32...still....for another year."

Ahhh!!!

Anyway, Wednesday was a pretty fun day. I spent the morning hanging out at home with Brynn while Gary put in a half-day at work. Half-day. Huh huh. That makes me think of Office Space. "Yeeaaahhh." When Gary got home, I opened up a card from him and a card from Brynn. I also got an electronic photo frame. It's pretty cool. It plays pictures and movies. Too bad I can't take it to work where I'll really be missing Brynn cause it would get ripped off.

We took Brynn to Grandma and Grandpa Glaser's house for the afternoon. Gary and I went to the movie Vantage Point. It was pretty good. I liked it. It's one of those movies you could watch a few times and catch something new each time. There was a lot going on.

After the movie, we went to our favorite restaurant, Timberlodge. I was pretty excited that they had just sent me a coupon for $6.00 off our meal, just in time for the big B-day. How did they know?? Even though Timberlodge is my favorite restaurant and they have never disappointed before, I was not impressed with the meal overall. Appetizer: good. Salad: good. Bread with my favorite garlicy parmesan butter in the world: excellent. Garlic Mashed Potatoes: good. Prairie Chicken (which is what I always get): Not so good. Either they have a new cook who lacks the taste bud that tastes salty stuff or someone accidentally dropped the chicken breast in an open vat of salt, rolled it around a little, shook it up, let the salt sift through their fingers like sand....right onto my Prairie Chicken. Yuck! Ick! Phew! Too much! Too much! I had two bites. Did I say anything? NO! Cause Gary's steak was the same way. I think it was snowing salt in the kitchen. Ok, enough of the dramatics :) I think you get the point.

The last time we went out mom couldn't wait for us to get home cause Brynn had eaten all the breast milk I had pumped and was getting hungry. This time we skipped the tattoo parlors, went right home and were greeted with, "What are you doing here? Why are you home so early?" Grandma was having fun and didn't want to let Brynn go home! I guess Gary would have had time to get the gnome tattoo on his forehead.

No comments: