Brynn had a Doctor's appointment this week and she is up to 10 pounds and 22 1/2 inches. So, she has grown 3 pounds and 3 inches since birth. That puts her in the 29th percentile for weight and 39th percentile for length. That seems so little but as you can tell from her cheeks in the pictures earlier this week she is not starving. The Doctor said she is just "petite". Lucky girl :)
About a week ago Brynn developed a new cry that I can only describe as a "frustrated" cry. Now she can tell us when she's not happy about something. It's an interesting new development. As she has been practicing this new cry this week, I have thought to myself numerous times how spoiled we have been up until now with our easy going baby.
A lot of the articles I have read said she should start discovering her hands by putting them to her mouth but she has done that since birth. She has now found her one hand with the other and folds her hands together. It's pretty cute. I've tried to get her to grab her toes but she was only slightly curious about that and moved on pretty quickly. She is starting to voluntarily grasp certain objects now and that's pretty fun.
She loves to stare at our faces, listen to me sing, and look in the mirror at herself. She loves to smile and I love going into her room in the morning and getting a nice big smile from her. It's a great way to start the day.
She's also getting pretty vocal and loves to have conversations with us. She is very inquisitive and loves to be sitting up or standing up so she can look all around. Slouching is not an option. That brings out the "frustrated cry".
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment