Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spoke too soon

Ok, so I knew that was going to happen. Yesterday I said I had a slight neck and headache but was doing ok. By 4:00 I was completely miserable with a migraine. Yuck. I haven't had one of those in so long. What a bummer.

Today I'm feeling much better. No tears, no headache. All is going well. (You'd think I'd learn and not say these things. Hopefully I don't jinx myself again today.) Only had some slight welling of the eyes when a little baby girl was babbling down the hall. Yup, miss my girl!

Yesterday I found myself really wishing I would have taken the half-time position. It was a tough day. Today my supervisors called me into their office and said the person that was thinking of taking the .5 position backed out and was I really sure I didn't want it. Last chance! Ugh! Again, good timing on their part when I was really wishing I could do it. But no, I turned it down. AGAIN!

Today is going very well. Things are flowing smoothly and I have been reminded several times why it is I enjoy my job. There are those days when the positive interactions I have with my patients just make me feel so good about what I do when I come to work. Today is one of those days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well , it certainly speaks to the fact , that work IS stressful on us . Best part of the day has to be picking Brynn up from day care and seeing her smiling face !!!