I am officially 27 weeks today and am now in the third trimester. Next week I will be 7 months pregnant! That's crazy! My mom and I did some shopping this weekend and the baby will officially have something to wear when she comes! Yeah! Thanks mom!
I can't remember if I've blogged about this yet, but our fully furnished basement flooded in August and we have been spending pretty much every weekend since then trying to get a basement back. The furniture had to be moved into the garage. Sheetrock, studs, and insulation were all torn out. Then we sealed the cement (since the previous owners lied and said they did). We redid the landscaping so the dirt slopes away from the house now, and moved the eavesdrops to the other side of the house. Next, we studded the whole basement, put in insulation, put up sheet rock, mudded the nail holes and seams, and finally are in the midst of painting. This sounds all nice and simple when writing it down, but it has really been a stressful 10 weeks. We couldn't have done all of this without the tremendous help of my parents, Gary's parents, and our friend Mike. Thank you to all of you for all your hard work and for giving up your personal time to help us out!
Things are moving along and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Gary is hoping to put a coat of primer on in the basement spare bedroom tonight. Tomorrow night he would like to do a coat of paint (the main room is a ll painted and ready to go). Hopefully if all goes well, we will have carpet to put in Saturday. Then we'll move the furniture back into the basement and we'll have a garage back! This going out in the morning in the cold and scraping the windows is no fun at all. We haven't been without a garage in many years!
Anyway, I'm hoping this all flows as planned and next week we can have our lives back just a little bit. That would be so nice. Let me tell you, this has not been a fun experience being pregnant with all this going on. I'm dodging sheet rock dust, paint fumes, and too much lifting. I actually pulled a muscle in my abdomen a few weeks back trying to help with sheet rock. That was no good. This poor baby is probably wondering what the heck I' m thinking. I'm thinking I want my house back and our lives back! Ahhh!
Next week, next week, next week. Here's hoping!
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment