Tuesday, January 27, 2009

ATTACKED!!

So, Brynn was "attacked" (their word) at daycare today. Apparently there was a little psycho girl that attacked three kids and Brynn was one of the lucky ones. She was literally on top of Brynn clawing at her.

The thing that makes us the most upset is that this happened in the "commons area"-someplace we had no idea Brynn would be. The infant room can only have 4 babies per one adult so since there were 5 babies and the second adult called in sick, they figured they would stick Brynn out in the commons area with the 2-4 year olds because she was the oldest baby and is able to walk now.

Apparently, that was a bad idea. It also would have been nice if they would have asked us if this was ok, because we would have said "NO!" I've seen those crazy big kids out there running at full speed down the halls, throwing things, hitting, jumping on each other, etc. Not the place for a little pumpkin who is just mastering walking and is a little thing for her age anyway!


These pictures don't do it justice. I guess she bled pretty good and the one in the middle is pretty deep. I hope they don't scar. There's some up behind her ear under her hair too.


You know, it's one thing if this happens at home with a sibling or something, then you have some control, you can discipline, etc. It's very scary when this happens at the place where you are paying them and trusting them with your daughter's safety.


This isn't the first disappointment at this place, but definitely the most serious. Anyone know a good in-home daycare in the Chatfield area?

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm a friend of Gary's from high school. I have a sister who works in the Chatfield school district. She's collected a list of potential home day cares in the Chatfield area. Gary has access to my email through Facebook. Send me an email and I'll get you the list. It's at least 5 different people.

Becky Johnson