I've been waging an inner battle with myself. Get those Christmas cards done. Get those Christmas cards done. It's three weeks away. Now it's two weeks away. Just sit down and do them. Every time I would open another card from someone I'd feel more and more guilty. Will ours ever get sent out? I brought them to work with the intention of doing them on break, only to take them back home again with the intention to do them in the evening. Yeah, I've been doing that for two weeks.
So, finally last night I decided I was sick of taking them to work so I'd just sit down and do them. The only problem was I decided this shortly before my usual fall into bed dead tired time. I asked Gary if he wanted to come help. That was a negative, he'd rather stay upstairs and watch t.v. Well, who wouldn't. (It's kind of like the Saturday that I spent 6 hours wrapping presents while he watched t.v.....and then I hear him on the phone saying, "Yeah, Dawn really likes wrapping presents.") Uh, that's not exactly true. It is something that needs to get done.....just like the cards. Anyway, that's all I'm going to say about that.
Believe it or not, the real reason I'm writing this is not to complain. I want to warn people. As it was late for me and I was a little tired, I kept catching myself missing letters, adding loops, and putting the wrong addresses with the wrong names. So, if anyone gets a card that says Mery Christnas, I do actually have an education. I was just REALLY tired. If you don't get a card at all, it's very possible it got sent to the entirely wrong address. I even misspelled our names on occasion. There is a big stack of envelopes and cards sitting at home that I caught the errors on before stamping them. I did bring the cards with me today and they are stamped and addressed but my OCD is seriously making me think about re-checking all of them. But then I think, no, maybe that won't be so much fun. Anyway, we'll see who is the winner in this inner battle.
Either way, Mery Christnas everyone!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Holy crap. That's funny. The nice thing is... you can blame ANYTHING right now on being pregnant. Use it... the clock's ticking. But then again, you can blame things after baby comes on "mommy brain." So basically, any mistake you make in the next.. oh... 18 years... is perfectly fine. :)
I REALLY hope I'm one of the lucky ones to get a card from Gerry and Davn. I love those crazy cats.
Post a Comment